A+ A- A Main Content
Making Your Dental Practice Morning Huddles More Effective
Holding regular morning huddles is important to improving the day-to-day operations of your dental office as well as help you to meet long-term goals. Many dentists don’t fully appreciate the value of holding regular morning huddles. Incorporating this practice can help boost employee morale and make the entire office run more smoothly!
Tips for Holding Morning Huddles
Below are a few things to discuss during morning huddles in order to make them more productive and effective:
- Review the emergency time slots available for the day.
- Find out how many major procedures need to be scheduled to stay on target over the next week or so.
- Review financial information for the patients on the schedule. Identify any payment arrangements needed.
- Go over any information for new patients who have appointments for the day.
- Identify any open slots in the schedule and the patients who could be added to the schedule as needed.
- Identify patients who will need X-Rays as outlined in treatment guidelines.
- Track the monthly goals vs. actual numbers for the dentist, hygiene, and collections.
- Track the weekly goals vs. actual number for the dentist, hygiene, and collections.
- Identify the day’s goals for the dentist, hygiene, and collections.
- Lastly, allow each member of the staff to discuss his or her own goals and targets for the day, week, etc. This will allow your team members to take ownership over areas of the dental practice.
Holding regular morning huddles will not only improve the way your practice runs but will allow your team members to feel more in-the-loop about the goings-on of the office, boosting loyalty and morale.
For more tips on running a successful dental practice, training dental employees, buying or selling a dental pracitce, please contact CTC Associates today.