A+ A- A Main Content
Women May Be Vital To Your Internal Marketing Success
We challenge you to run a practice analysis or patient analysis report. There is a statistic on these reports that will tell you how many male vs. female patients you have in your office. The percentage almost always shows more women patients, and this seems to be true of every kind of dental office.
Why Women Are Vital To Marketing Success
Below are a few of the reasons why you may want to consider gearing your marketing efforts towards women:
- Women Make The Healthcare Decisions – Some interesting statistics regarding female consumers: Women account for up to 85% of all consumer spending. This means everything from homes and vehicles to vacations and healthcare. In fact, if you ask your front office, they’ll probably attest to the fact that most of the phone calls coming into your office are made by female patients. They are more likely to know about their dental insurance benefits and are prepared with questions to ask to ensure that your practice would be a good fit for her family. Additionally, women will be the ones calling to make dental appointments for her spouse and children, and will likely be the one handling the bill. In short, the woman is the one who is in control of the relationship with your office.
- Women Tend To Be Relationship Oriented (And Will Protect These Relationships) – There are distinct gender differences between men and women. To understand what’s important to a female patient, read the following facts:
- Most women connect by discussing their vulnerabilities and feelings.
- Women will most likely be the ones talking about what they like and dislike about a service or product. Usually in detail.
- Women have better memories of both good and bad experiences
- Word-Of-Mouth Can Make Or Break You – It’s a fact that women are more likely to discuss their experiences with services and products than men are. Word-of-mouth has always been an important part of marketing in any field, and in the age of the Internet, it’s easier than ever to receive a recommendation or provide a review. Your potential patient may turn to Facebook or Instagram to get recommendations for a new dentist from her friends and family. You obviously want to make sure that you’re receiving positive reviews and recommendations.
If you’ve noticed that you practice has been losing patients and you aren’t sure why, this may be the reason. If a woman has a bad experience at your office, she will most likely not complain directly to you. Instead, she’ll simply find a new dentist and never return to you. She’ll also take her friends and family with her when she leaves. She will tell friends, family, coworkers, and the members of her book club about her bad experience, which leads to our next point.
For help with marketing your dental practice, or for any of your dental transition needs, please contact CTC Associates. Our knowledgeable consultants are here to help your dental practice succeed.
Posted on May 12, 2017
Image Credit: File ID 29943611 | © Agencyby | Dreamstime.com