Tips To Keep Your Dental Patients Returning To Your Practice!
Many patients spend countless amounts of time and money trying to get new patients in the door, but have a difficult time getting these same patients to come back a second time. Don’t waste your time and money on marketing without then establishing a relationship with your patient to ensure they’ll return!
Fewer people are seeking dental care these days and patient retention averages to about 50%! With that information in mind, make sure you spend time with each patient that comes into your office. Treat each of them as your top priority!
How To Get Your Patients To Keep Coming Back
Below are a few other tips to keep patients returning to your office:
- Think beyond 9am – 5pm. Most people work 9-5 hours and wouldn’t be able to make it to your office without taking time off work. Make it easier for your patient to see you by staying late at the office one or two days a week.
- Follow through with treatment plans. There are 3 main issues that patients have when it comes to following through with their treatment plans: time, money, and fear. Be sure to address all of these issues with your patient before letting them walk out the door!
- Make your patient feel special. Use their names and try to remember little details about them. This will make them feel like your highest priority!
- Don’t overbook yourself. Make sure you have room in your schedule for emergencies as patients in pain won’t be willing or able to wait very long to get on your schedule.
- Don’t get too personal. Never talk politics, religion, or any other sensitive subjects with your patients. Keep it light and don’t allow for any confrontation.
- Make it easy for patients to find you. Have an easy-to-navigate website and make sure your office is clearly labeled as yours.
- Add a few amenities to your office. A drink station, some light music playing, live plants, and up-to-date magazines can add a lot of extra charm to your waiting room.
Without your patients, you don’t have a practice! It’s so important to know how to treat them right and make them feel loyal to you and your office! For more tips on how to keep your patients coming back in time and time again, please contact CTC