A+ A- A Main Content
Purchase a Dental Practice vs. Start-Up
Confused if you should purchase a dental practice or start a new one? Here is a guide to help you out!
Purchase a Dental Practice
Unlike every other business, some dental practice professionals hit the ground running when they take ownership of the business or struggle due to a lack of confidence or immature clinical skills. In either case, keep the following pointers in mind if you are planning to invest in a dental practice for sale:
- Are you ready for the responsibility? If you fear taking control or don't have a proper plan, being the captain of a sinking ship might result terribly for you as well. Therefore, before you step into management, have confidence in yourself and your plan to run the already established dental practice.
- One of the most significant advantages of investing in a dental practice for sale is that you will have an experienced staff. Therefore, make sure to build a good relationship with them.
- Remember that your attitude, knowledge, and skills will play an essential role in the success of your dental practice. Thereby, show your stakeholders that you care.
Start a Dental Practice from Scratch
On the other hand, starting your own dental practice from scratch allows you to create everything according to your requirements. Keep the following things in mind when investing in a dental practice start-up:
- Do your homework! Research the population ratio, demographics, and potential consumers in the area. Hire a professional or opt for legal advice.
- When building your dental practice, carefully choose the equipment, architects, lenders, contractors, and staff.
- Strategize everything from your operational plan to the marketing strategy. Remember that whatever you will be doing will directly impact the success of your dental practice start-up.
Book an Appointment with CTC Associates Today!
At CTC Associates, our dental practice transition brokers specialize in dental practices and dentists' complex and unique transitions. Our dental practice transition network extends to Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico. For more information, give us a call right away!