Improving Your Dental Patients’ Experience at Your Office
When it comes to successfully marketing your dental practice, it’s as much about what you offer as how your patients perceive what you offer. Impressions are important! So, ask yourself what impression your dental practice gives off. Are you missing opportunities to improve patient care?
Improving Patient Care
Below are a few easy-to-implement tips for improving your patients’ experiences at your dental office and enhancing patient care:
- Understand expectations – As a dentist, we know that your main concern is the health of your patients’ teeth. But they may have different goals and concerns. Part of caring for a patient is helping them learn to manage their expectations and goals. Take time to discuss goals with your patients regularly.
- Set the tone for your office – If your dental practice is focused on children’s dentistry, make sure the office is kid-friendly and has fun waiting area. If you have a cosmetic dentistry office, give it more of a spa feel. This will help with your office’s first impression.
- Make a good first impression – While the look and feel of your waiting room and the friendliness of your staff is a great way to ensure a good first impression, the true first impression of your office happens as soon as a patient calls your phone. Don’t miss the opportunity to make a lasting good impression during the initial phone call.
- Unify your team – Your staff is essential to ensuring successful patient interaction and creating a positive patient experience. Additionally, if your staff works well together, they will establish a quality brand image, creating a positive staff experience too!
- Make the visit as stress-free as possible – Lastly, not only are you providing quality dental care, but you should do your best to ensure a stress-free visit for your patients as well. Because dentistry can be stressful for many people, this means making sure as many things are taken care of as possible. Let patients know what they need to bring to their first appointment and what, if any, of your forms, are available online. Go over these points with patients on the phone before their first visit.
Here at CTC Associates, we know the importance of making sure your patients have a positive experience at your dental office. For more tips on improving patient experiences, please don’t hesitate to ask! Our dental practice brokers specialize in buying a dental practice and selling a dental practice. Find a dental practice for sale, equipment for sale, and much more.