How To Manage Your Dental Reputation
Whether you know about it or not, your practice has an online reputation and is being reviewed by your patients. Good or bad, your potential patients are also online, and they’re reading these reviews. This means that you need to be aware of what reviews are out there and you can manage them.
Managing The Online Reputation Of Your Dental Practice
Below are a few tips on how you can be proactive and stay on top of your online reviews and reputation:
- Know what’s being said – It’s impossible for you to address issues in your practice that you don’t know about. Diligently check your dental practice’s social media accounts and set up a Google Alert, which will let you know when someone mentions your practice online.
- Keep your cool – If you come across a bad review online, it can be tempting to lash out and defend yourself and your practice. But you need to take a few minutes to compose yourself and gather your thoughts so that you can react in a rational, composed way.
- Have a plan in place – Delegate a member of your staff to respond to reviews (good or bad) promptly and decisively. Cover all of your bases and have a worst-case scenario plan in place.
- Act quickly – Responding quickly is an important part of managing your reputation. The way you react to reviews can make all the difference to current and potential patients. Read and dissect the review, issue a sincere apology if necessary, and offer a solution to the problem. Follow through with your solution. Even if a mistake has been made, people respect professionals who own up to mistakes and make them right.
- Correct Information - If you have information that is out-dated or incorrect you may need to employ a reputation management service. This often happens when moving from one location to another. Regardless if you placed the information online or not. To learn more about Reputation Management click here.
It can be difficult and frustrating, as well and motivating and rewarding, to read and be aware of your online reviews. But it’s absolutely crucial to the success of your practice that you know how to handle these reviews and manage your reputation.
For more information on keeping your practice successful, or for help with finding and managing your online reviews, please contact CTC Associates today. We’re here to help with all of your dental transition needs!